The benefits of children's Yoga
- Improves flexibility, strength, co-ordination and balance
- Increases self-confidence and promotes a positive self-image
- Balances body and mind
- Expands self-awareness and awareness of others
- Builds on concentration and teaches the ability to relax
- Fortifies all bodily systems e.g. skeltal, nervous, respiratory etc
- Is non-competitive and fun!
- Encourages teamwork and collaborative learning
- Reduces stress and calms the mind
- Encourages compassion, generosity and respect
- Gives a greater awareness of the world e.g. nature, animals and the environment
- Emphasises musicality and fluid movements
Specific benefits of using Yoga in a school:
Children are experiencing greater pressure to succeed at school and need to meet even higher rates of progress and attainment. This can lead to high levels of stress, disengagement and low self esteem. Yoga can help children manage the pressure and stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement. It will build concentration and Increase their confidence as well as creating a positive self-image. In our sessions we aim to allow each child to feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group.